Thursday, March 27, 2008

Last Week of Comforts of Home

Getting very excited to be on the road everyday for hours on end. I can't wait to feel like I have no other place to be but moving forward. The forward progress will be like no other when not looking back and knowing that I will do everything in my power to finish this journey. For me the only word that could describe this experience for me would be epic.

I get butterflies thinking of the problems that I will experience and the beautiful scenery that will surround me. I'm excited that I will get to share with so many people the motivation that drives me to complete this trip. I'm hoping that I will be able to maybe open some peoples eyes to the world of social services. When sharing my experiences I'm hoping that it is actually that, that we can "share" the stories. This way I will get to learn so much from the people I will get to meet. It's all a really a big trade off that I can only see positives in the interactions with people that I will get to meet on the way.

However, one thing that I will have a little difficulty with when I leave home is coping without home. I'm not going to lie I have spent a lot of time working my behind off trying to get things going and staying in good shape. While doing so I have enjoyed the comforts of home. My parents looking out for me and really accommodating everything that I need. I can't say enough about how well that has gone. So, instead of being self-sufficient I have been taken care of. It's gonna be a little bit of a shock to get back on the road. The biggest enemy and deterrent to overcome on this trip will be the feeling of loneliness.

Everyday it gets closer I get more prepared and to be mentally tough in every situation. I hope that you can follow this journey and stay involved and make it just as special for the amazing people I'm represtenting as it is for me.

Till Next Time;
Matthew Bursey

No comments: